The video basically confirmed it for me. Not that I thought he was innocent. But, I guess that very slight chance of him not having done it, is gone too. It’s a shame, really.
President Obama is correct: The international community should condemn and punish those nations and leaders who condone the use of chemical weapons.
Let’s start with the United States and Israel."
Vince Emmanuelle, writer and Board of Directors at Iraq Veterans Against the War. (via assangistan)
"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity."
"Isn’t it rich that that the only country ever to use nuclear weapons in war and which left Southeast Asia poisoned with Agent Orange and Iraq strewn with depleted uranium is getting on its high horse about enforcing “red lines” against chemical warfare?"
Doug Henwood (via soundmoney)
- Equip groups on the ground with (chemical) weapons
- Blame it on regime instead, “beyond any doubt”, like with Saddam
- Conveniently draw red line then and there
- Go on about “national security” a-la-pre-Iraq-war
- Go right into country and destabilize entire region further
American game plan for war, is anyone surprised